SRX 700 pipes on a RED 700 will they work?

Yamaha Nutz

So up coming project i have been thinking about using a 700 red head. i will need to custom fit a set of pipes and instead of cutting up some aftermarkets i have a set of SRX 700 STOCK pipes that i would cut up and fit to the sled that the engine is going into the flanges i am not worried about i have that figured out already but wondering if they are even worth the time? i know they would not be optimal but they have to be better than the stock single what do you guys think?

So up coming project i have been thinking about using a 700 red head. i will need to custom fit a set of pipes and instead of cutting up some aftermarkets i have a set of SRX 700 STOCK pipes that i would cut up and fit to the sled that the engine is going into the flanges i am not worried about i have that figured out already but wondering if they are even worth the time? i know they would not be optimal but they have to be better than the stock single what do you guys think?

I would get some CPR Pipes or Old Power Inc pipes, I think it will be a waste to hack those up for a SX Motor.

well i would rather not hack up good aftermarkets if that would be the case i would just get a set of AAEN pipes and cut and twist to fit the sled. the srx pipes have no heat shields anymore and i paid just about nothing for them and the chassis that the engine is going in there are no off the shelf pipes that will fit anyway

well as you know they are for a completely different bore/stroke engine srx vs sx, the length may need to be shortend on them(possible head pipe and belly) to make the sx engine respond well to them. I have shortened the headpipes on them to run them at 8700-8800rpm on srx engines with good results. Most times the sx likes 9000+ rpm with triples to show good results. sx engine has a cdi that doesn't mind higher rpm on top.

I would measure from piston face(exh) side to the first cone on a srx engine and then compare them to a aftermarket pipe like the cpr, would get you close if you subtract a bit. the rear cone in the srx stock pipe isn't as aggressive as a cpr but I think you could make them work.

Back