Years with Yamaha SXViper

Snapchat-5750286.jpg

Bought some Hauck Venom head, actually i wanted just water rail so i can fit it to 780 so i don't have to mod that what i made earlier. No motivation for dirty aluminiun welding��

I think i could use that on my 700, mut dome size is 19cc. So i think it is way too stiff. There was some detonation or something on one chamber so i used lathe and i took littlebit off. I know it changes squis, but if i want to use those i think i need to get dome size something like 21cc...

And i also broke my chaincase, because chain broke down... It was a fast fix, i have a sparepart in my garage so i just swapped all parts to another case. Also changed gearing 23/38, i think it is littlebit too long, when there is 20cm of pow it wont go over 150km/h, need to find hard packet rail to go faster.

Allmost all pipes are now welded, need to sand them and paint. Maybe i need to weld some spring mounts, but let's see ��

Also went to watch local snowcross race, i still wish that there could be some triples racing, that sound is just so amazing.
IMG-20190216-WA0007.jpg

Some video of yesterday ride. Need to make better battery mount, it is now inside bench with some "truck bed". I have also new seat, i post picture when its ready ;)!

seat.jpg

Added new seat, need to make littlebit lower mounts so then it fits nice. Unfortunately my primary clutch blow... Those heel clicker weights were bust and maybe those parts make some hole on clutch body. Maybe i can find some clutch frame, but it is impossible to find any heel clickers in here... Maybe i have check ty classifieds section to find some parts and hope sellers are able to send it here. I really want to test my hauck 780 engine in this season 8)

Well i found some clutch, but if you have heel clicker weights and able to sell, please send pm message!
I still want to ride on this season!

IMG_20190419_191125__01__01.jpg

One pic of broken clutch, still looking for heel clicker weights!
I have some nice ski fixing project, actually it is plastic welding, i post pictures later.

Here is some pictures of ski fixing project.

ski1.jpg
Starting point, first i grind all surfaces with grinder. Need to get those clean.

ski2.jpg
Then i added some PE plastic pieces and weld them all around, because i need to create a shape for ski and grind a lot of material off.
Plastic welding is very accurate job, you need to check temperatures all the time. If that plastic "oil" comes to top of material, then it is ruined.
After plastic welding i drilled new holes for driver iron and then i grind skiis bottom so they look like a original.

ski3.jpg
Because skis were from skidoo or actually mountings were from skidoo so i need to make 10mm plastic spacer under rubber. I also put some screws to keep it together.
Yamahas ski pivot is littlebit wider so i grinded 1mm on each side to make it fit properly.

ski4.jpg
Finished product.

Some youtube link of Blade skis, those are DS model so it is littlebit different.

Throw some comments what you think and also offer me some heel clicker weights 8)
Or do i have to 3d scan those weight pieces what i have and send models to some engineering works so they can make it?

Wow, that's impressive. I would have thought from those original pics that they would be unusable!

Why don’t you just call the company and order a new set of heel clickers?

I haven't never phoned on us companys, it is also pretty expensive. If i bought some new it will cost so many $$$ because i have to pay shipping fees and taxes + VAT of whole price so that is why i don't like that option. I would like to get some used for little cheaper.

"A couple of bucks" i send you a private message.

Finally got some interest to install other engine. First i took engine off and cleaned engine room a little. Then i checked frame and saw that bottom rivets that keep front cooler and frame are loosen. I need to change them later and maybe add some reinforcement and new 6.4mm rivets.

engine off.jpg

Also fixed those steering column bushing, now it is nice and "tight".

bushing fix.jpg

And little sneakpeak :sled1:

780 instal.jpg

And if engine works and i have some motivation should i build some rack steering or buy totally new sled frame for new engine. I think some srx 700 with lexan hood and long travel suspension and lynx pps skid or something like that 8)

Back