Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Years with Yamaha SXViper

Update, cleaned carbs and fitted them to modded airbox. Added fuel lines also.
    38mm cleaned.jpg

Removed that pin and welded it. Now it is same as sxviper cover.
    wpump cover.jpg

And what do you guys think about modding that water rail? I want to make it fit straight to viper coolant system. I think that if i cut everything marked on red and then i weld connector straight to side. I may have to use new L-shaped cooland hose, but then i can use just one hose. Hope u understand what i mean
    rail mod.jpg
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield
    18.9" fox floats on front end and 18.7" fox float on rear skid
    Tunnel stiffeners and protective tube

what is the grey stuff between the air box and carbs? sealant?

Senior Member Open Mod A couple of bucks's Avatar

Yea. It looks like Permatex RTV grey. Nothing wrong w/ that procedure. I use removable silicone sealant on most all "joints" between the carbs and fresh air.
    Dannyboy

that what I thought especially after this week when I removed my air box in my viper and noticed that it was not really sealed compared to my vmax that have clamps with screws.

I thought about asking a question about that but I have my answer now!!!! will do the same when putting it back.

Lifetime VIP Member

On the thermostat "cover", you could cut the outlet, rotate it to your desired position and then re-weld.

Senior Member Open Mod A couple of bucks's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

IMG_0111.jpg
    Just clean the surfaces w/ Naptha. I even put a bead around my boost bottle ports before they get pressed into position and pressure clamped.
    Last edited by A couple of bucks; 10-21-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    Dannyboy

That grey stuff is just normal silicone sealant, maybe i should clean it little.

Weather started to get cold so i have to start my triple, it is pretty low when shocks out of air seasonfirststart.jpg

Made new brackets for bigbore motor, also changed rear bracket because it was broken.

engine brackets.jpg
    bracket broken.jpg

Changed new cylinder and piston for hauck 780 and modded water rail. Water rail looks awful, it was really hard to weld. Especially it was my second time to try aluminium welding

780 rear.jpg
    780front.jpg
    780side.jpg

I also started to mod those ruined bigbore pipes, but i flanges won't fit stock cylinders... Have to assemble bb motor and then i can mod those pipes.

hauck800bbpipes.jpg
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield
    18.9" fox floats on front end and 18.7" fox float on rear skid
    Tunnel stiffeners and protective tube

Nice mod and lots of hard work through the years, Vipers are great sleds with a lot of possible mods ! Keep the story rolling SX !
    Blue
    I want my SRX back!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123