Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Years with Yamaha SXViper

That box is originally from viper crank packet, so it doens't tell me anything.. That 8DF number is all i know, but If anyone knows how to check stroke lenght, some measurements or something let me know.
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield
    18.9" fox floats on front end and 18.7" fox float on rear skid
    Tunnel stiffeners and protective tube

I believe 8DF prefix usually refers to a SRX 600.

SRX 700 = 8DN
    SRX 600 = 8DF
    Viper = 8EK
    700 SX = 8CH
    Last edited by MURDER YAMAHA; 01-02-2019 at 01:28 PM.
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, 20CC Domes, boost bottle, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by MURDER YAMAHA View Post
    I believe 8DF prefix usually refers to a SRX 600.

SRX 700 = 8DN
    SRX 600 = 8DF
    Viper = 8EK
    700 SX = 8CH
    But could it be 98-99 SRX 700 Crank? It shows also DF?
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Yes, 98-99 SRX bottom ends are the same.
    I think just the bore changes.
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, 20CC Domes, boost bottle, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by MURDER YAMAHA View Post
    Yes, 98-99 SRX bottom ends are the same.
    I think just the bore changes.
    Things goes pretty hard to understand, but if 98-99 SRX 600 and 700 bottom ends are same? So 98-99 models use 59.6mm stroke crank, because SRX 600 is 59.6mm stroke right?? and bore is 65mm, it makes 197.99cc per cylinder, means 593,97cc?? And then 98-99 SRX 700 would make 668,58cc or does it use bigger bore on those years? 00-02 SRX use 62mm stroke crank and 69mm piston and it makes 695,52cc like viper.
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Finally got some time to build sled. Today i put some blue heat wrap to speedwerx pipes and started to disassemble the engine. I also assembled all neccessary parts to 780 engine. Got some problems with oil pump, because it was in a box and there were no hoses.... I have to do everything, but one thing is weird thah why there is a "check valve assy", i haven't ever seen them on other engines. Engine was used on watercross racing so there were three extra holes in cases what i have to fullfill. It was a relief that thread was NPT so i found blanks on local hydraulic store. I shortened them and put some hard loctite. Some pics ofc it. Tomorrow i can start to fit pipes, and if everything goes right maybe i can make it run!

blank.jpg

motor_ready.jpg
    New brakeline hose, ofc it is blue I also have to clean those stock carbs and change 47.5 pilots to 50
    brakeline.jpg
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

More update:

Assembled motor and fitted pipes, now those fit pretty nice. It is still tight, but i hope it will be ok. Now just a lot of welding and sanding. I notice that reverse gear mounting crew was lost so i replaced them both to new. I also notice that brakedisc knock was loose so i made a new, but it is still a little loose. I think that dics is well-worn... Need to replace atleast chaincase lover bearing, it is really bad. One thing that you can see in the pic is that waterline.... Yeah, i didn't notice that SRX rail is totally different position than viper so need to mod it again... It takes a little head Here is almost winter so i'm going to put old 700 back in and ride with that..
    I have some plans to mod steering, but let's ride a little first before change engine again...

And pictures:

Silencersadd.jpg

pipeclearance.jpg

Some diy bushings from POM plastic, now it is nice and tight. Replaced only lower part.

diybushing.jpg

Feel free to comment what you think, if you have some nice mods to do, please tell me.
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Finally got time to ride. I found some parts on forum member so maybe i don't have to mod that water rail, but still need to work on pipes.
    Some pics of first ride of season. It is pretty nice that i didn't crash as usually

Now front end works fine with swaybar, but i have to change some joints on steering or whole steering system, who knows...
    first ride.jpg

Trails were pretty good, little bumbs, but there is still a lot of dikes. If you can't ride fast enough and "jump" over it, it feel like crashing and then you are going to "space". Direction of speed changes radically.

outof.jpg
    This is what i mean...

first ride2.jpg

Damm it sounds so nice ride uphill with speedwerx pipes running 9000rpm. Next time i take gopro and film it.
    first ride3.jpg
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Nice! Did you have problems with the steering that you said it needs to be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Yzed608 View Post
    Nice! Did you have problems with the steering that you said it needs to be replaced?
    Well, steering joints are pretty loose, those "golden" ones especially. So steeringi is not so accurate as it should be. I have made a compromis with steering, so that steering arm is not "lined" with control arms so there is always bumb steering. I think i could mod rack steering like yamaha snowcross sled, then there is not so much bumb steering when i can get steering rack line between control arm level. It is hard to tell what i mean, if i mod it i'm going to put pics and show what i was thinking. I have some measurements, but i have to check what parts i'm going to use. I have little plan, but lets see. Found some pictures of yamaha offical rack steering kit in web, but i know i have to mod it by my self.
    It would cost way too much to buy kit even if find some...

rack steerin1.jpg

rack steering.jpg
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast