Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Years with Yamaha SXViper

Bulkhead is okay, if front shocks bottom that causes bulkhead cracks. Most biggest problem is front cooler and sump shield rivets. All rivets are loosen or off. I think i'm going to replace them with long 6.4mm steel rivets and add some aluminium profile.

But today i finally get engine running, that feeling was awesome
    ready (2).jpg
    One exhaust flange is leaking a little, but i think that i'm going to put some heat silicon, i don't want to cut and weld those pipes anymore. It was pretty annoying job to get everything fit and build those silencers.

ready1.jpg
    Next step is build exhaust gas temperature meter and paint some YAMAHA logo to seat, like original seat. And also i need to find some motivation to create a code for arduino, i already have a 4-channel egt-k "amplifier" and all connectors ready!
    I think that it would be most easiest way buy some, but i wan't to make everything by myself.
    Last edited by sx viper; 07-14-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield
    18.9" fox floats on front end and 18.7" fox float on rear skid
    Tunnel stiffeners and protective tube

Little update, i bought another viper! Or actually i change those speedwerx pipes to viper frame. I thought that i put 780 on frame that i bought and then i fix my modded yamaha`s frame. I think that i put stock 700 with bender 4x4 pipe and finally build rack steering on it. What do you think?

IMG_20190909_185948__01.jpg

As you can see on the pic that swaybar is assembled wrong... But that is now fixed, windshield is is cutted to low and i make my own style cold air intake also
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Senior Member Open Mod A couple of bucks's Avatar

Whenever you get those 2-speed HeelClickers, insure that the pivot pin update has been done. Or needs to be done. I remember someone saying something about that. I think in another of your threads. I don't want it to fail and wipe out your clutch.
    Dannyboy

Quote Originally Posted by A couple of bucks View Post
    Whenever you get those 2-speed HeelClickers, insure that the pivot pin update has been done. Or needs to be done. I remember someone saying something about that. I think in another of your threads. I don't want it to fail and wipe out your clutch.
    Thanks for info, i need to check it! And also thanks for those heel clicker weights
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Finally it's getting cold and some snow. Other sled fixed and almost ready to ride
    325x38x44 track and relocated chassis. Fixed skis on front and some fox float reservoirs on front.
    Now engine is stock 700 with bender 4x4 pipe and stock mufler.
    Made some new brackets for chassis and changed many rivets on frame, i used wyrth 6.4mm steel-steel rivets.
    And some pics ofc

IMG_20191130_150044.jpg
    IMG_20191130_150101.jpg

Next step is ride and build that other viper for lake rides.
    Yamaha SXViper 2002
    2" riser
    44" stance
    Blue headlight cover
    DIY windshield

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567