Ok here it is... How many miles this season

405 miles on the SRX,
460 miles on the 600SX
417 miles on the SX700R
...plus another 100 miles or so on the other two SX700Rs. So 1300+......I'll take it!!!

It's been a hell of a season. I bought my first 2 sleds and then became the caretaker for 3 more owned by out of state friends. So....zero to 5 sleds in about 5 weeks time!!
I rode from December 23 until March 18. Pretty variable snow and trail conditions. The best snow was this past weekend on St. Patrick's Day!

I've never been huge DIY guy before this but with the number of sleds I look after there was no way I was going to take everything to the dealer.
I learned by doing with the help of many TY members (Thanks Couple of Bucks!!).

I jumped in head first and changed a track, swapped out multiple Hyfax, replaced a bent radius rod, and replaced a creased rear bumper. I riveted a loose front heat exchanger, pulled multiple chaincases, replaced some broken gears, and set 4 suspensions using Be The Viper's article and guidance from others. Somehow I managed to get all these sleds back together the right way....ha ha!!

The maintenance To-Do list for the spring and summer is long as is the upgrade/wish list. I hope I can fit in some fishing!

Usually do 2500+ kms a year. This year I'm a bit under a 1000kms. Not a good snowmobile season at all. Luckily I did manage to do alot of winter riding on my quad though

For some reason this crappy winter simply won't let up to spring. We still have alot of snow on the trails but they were so rough it wasn't fun riding. Still managed to rack up another 200kms from my last post though. Then what happens? We get another 10" of snow on April 4th!
So racked up another 40kms lastnight, with probably more riding in the next few days. Weird season

Back