Needle valves and needles for a stock 700 vmax er

backofthepackjack

Hi guys,stock needles and needle valves with clip in centre make my 99vmax burn a lot of gas a lot of oil. Also no one wants to follow you around for the smoke.I decided to drop the needles 1 position. jetting is stock 145 pto 143.8 other 2 holes. It made it run a lot better and I managed to actually get a plug reading from it. I think mag a tad to lean as I heard a couple little pop backs through a carb on a days run. centre was perfect. and pto was too rich. im a little surprised non were the same colour. Carbs were cleaned and bench synkd to centre carb. I bought some o rings for the fuel screws ive also bought some shims for the needles as there was none come with it, the clip seemed flimsy when installing. im new to a mikuni flatslide and yamahas in general but I like what I have so far. it runs strong andworks good at any throttle position. does anybody run without shims or is that a nono. I have six shims now to install. could running just the clips and no shims make that much difference in plug readings.. im hoping so. if that dosent work is there a little leaner needle that would work with my stock needle valve so I can put the clip back to centre position??? or which components are for them?? any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Did you check if sled is jetted for your elevation? Is the oil consumption out of spec? All this affects fuel mileage as does bad bearings and slides.

If your in the Midwest 142.5 mains straight acrossed and needles at 2.5 works really well. Clip in position 3 with shim on each side of e clip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Back