Srx gold

So the decals were anodized too? ....lol. obviously noone is going to reanodize theire 37 year old sled so soneone out there has had to come up with a brand /type of paint tbat completely or very closely matches that gold . Anyone?
I bought a " PURE GOLD" in a spray can made byrustoleum but when it dries it wasnt close enough.

Wow that really surprises me. Noone!!. I heard ppg has a code close but i need the actual numbered code to see if its close.

So i took a chunk of my belly pan to our local canadian tire and had it scanned. It spit out a few ingredients that were a water based latex paint.....you know.....for houses...lol. so that was a bust. Too thick to spray and all u can thin it out with is water......which will change the color.
So....come on guys.....gotto be someone out there that has found somthing.....even if its close!!!!

Last edited:
You are on the right track...just the wrong location. Try a local bodyshop with a scanner or at least a paint dealer like UAP that still has the book with the flip over pages of prepainted squares that you can choose from. But in the end if you want it perfect it should be scanned mixed and sprayed by a painter that can change the tint as he applys the paint if you go with base clear. You are from Canada right so it is hard to find anything but waterborn paint now but not impossible . I recommend filling in you location in your signature than we can send you too the right place.

Thats ok. There only is two placez in my crap town that can scan ....just havnt got there yet. Will let u guys know what i come up with.

I've never seen anyone paint that gold and even get it close. Not saying it can't be done but.... I gave up and found a decent pan for my 80.

I don't think anyone cares anymore. Author has been a Dick because nobody has a simple answer for him.

80 SRX is an oddball in many respects. The anodized gold that makes them so good looking is one of them. Buy a beater and expect parts/knowledge/supplies to make them look perfect be readily available is just stupid/selfish.

Even if I did have a paint code to give him,,,,,,,,,, I wouldn't.

opsled

Thanx ***. Love being ostracized while trying to restore my childhood dream sled. Thanx for nothing opsled

You should have thanked those who gave you the truth on their experience with the 80 gold pan SRX but instead you chastised them and the entire membership with your impatience. If there were answers for your question you would have gotten them.

So how many accounts do you have anyway?? Seems you and this Srx700#1 dude play the same game and act as though this Srx belongs to both of you.

opsled

Yep Must agree with opsled, your attitude has come off in the wrong way!! Like the " i have looked for months and found nothing" you have to be patient sometimes it takes years to find that one part or you just have to know people that are willing to help. Same goes when looking for the stuff on FB like your clutching parts ........

it was sarcasm.....meaning i was looking a long time. and no im not patient enough to wait years , doesnt make me a a**hole.

Back