Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Srx gold

Default Srx gold

Does anyone have the paint code so i can match the gold for my 80 srx440

Anyone?

Cant believe that everyone out there with an 80 srx has never had to touch up theire gold tunnels.....

Senior Member Open Mod Yamaha Nutz's Avatar

that's because it is not paint the gold is anodizing ..... more so like a acid etched color
    TOO MANY GPX'S
    TOO MANY SRX'S
    A FEW EXCITERS
    A FEW SS440'S
    SOME PHAZERS
    A 2000 VMAX 700 WITH OVER 14,000 MILES AND COUNTING

JUST TOO MANY SLEDS AND NOT ENOUGH TIME

So the decals were anodized too? ....lol. obviously noone is going to reanodize theire 37 year old sled so soneone out there has had to come up with a brand /type of paint tbat completely or very closely matches that gold . Anyone?
    I bought a " PURE GOLD" in a spray can made byrustoleum but when it dries it wasnt close enough.

Senior Member Stock

Wow that really surprises me. Noone!!. I heard ppg has a code close but i need the actual numbered code to see if its close.

So i took a chunk of my belly pan to our local canadian tire and had it scanned. It spit out a few ingredients that were a water based latex paint.....you know.....for houses...lol. so that was a bust. Too thick to spray and all u can thin it out with is water......which will change the color.
    So....come on guys.....gotto be someone out there that has found somthing.....even if its close!!!!
    Last edited by 1stgensrx; 04-01-2018 at 12:21 AM.

You are on the right track...just the wrong location. Try a local bodyshop with a scanner or at least a paint dealer like UAP that still has the book with the flip over pages of prepainted squares that you can choose from. But in the end if you want it perfect it should be scanned mixed and sprayed by a painter that can change the tint as he applys the paint if you go with base clear. You are from Canada right so it is hard to find anything but waterborn paint now but not impossible . I recommend filling in you location in your signature than we can send you too the right place.
    98 srx 700 doo sc10 3 ported.spi pistons.wide bars. wide frontend.1"preditor.160 golddiggers.
    98 srx 600 doo too
    2001srx700 doo sc10 3
    90 phazor
    90 exciter ported wide frontend adjustable shocks

THEY SAY HE'S A MONSTER THIS BOY NAMED BLUE
    HE CAN RIDE LIKE A DEMON ON ONE SKI OR TWO

Thats ok. There only is two placez in my crap town that can scan ....just havnt got there yet. Will let u guys know what i come up with.

Well. I guess i have no choice. Black it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast