93 Enticer II 410TRT

RayRayRay

Hello,

93 Enticer II 410 . Running great, want to add tachometer to it. Can still by Tach from Yamaha but before I do I need help determining how to wire this up.

Under the hood terminated at gauge cluster(only speedo installed from factory) there are availble blue & black wires with bullet connector which appear to be for gauge lighting(same as what is wired & connected to speedometer gauge). There are no other available wires running up to behind helm/dash. Down low in the bay next to a voltage regulator there is a a red and black with bullet connectors not connected to anything. Anyone have a wiring diagram or info to share on how to get tach pulse/if it is prewired somewhere on this machine. Have lots of pics if needed, your expertise I admire.

Thanks,
Ray
rayandjenny@rogers.com

IMG_8047.jpgIMG_8046.jpg

the tac i installed on mine went into the bullet connectors in the wiring harness up by the gauge. they power both the tac and the light for it. been running one from a late 70's srx on mine since 04. only problem i have with mine is the bulb is not bright enough in the dark to see the needle.

Wow really ? Thanks for the response, so did the tach you installed only have two wire connections ?

Are you able to send me pictures ?

i can send you pics if you wish. it is in garage right now as i need to weld the muffler support back together as it broke off. mine has a bit extra in it as i also have one of rocks power supplys on it to charge a cell phone or gps and run a heated visor when nessasary.

233D73B4-A576-41C8-AC21-E3C0C3785E7C.jpg625E5202-2E79-4065-9496-91345A59F0E7.jpg

The ones by the regulator are for the fuse panel and the e start solenoid. I put e start on mine, must be getting old.

Thanks so much for the pics and speedy follow-up , very kind.

Ok so I have looked at the pictures and have a couple of questions;
1. In the attached picture(your picture) I have circled a black and blue set of wires that appear to be connected to your tach . These two wires exist on my machine. There appears to be another set of black and blue(maybe purle) wires to the left of that I circled in yellow, do these connect to your tach or is this feeding something else ? I do not have these wires on my machine.

Thank you for telling me what the black and red bullet connectors are for down low. A nice to have will be electric start, might not make it into the budget this year but maybe. Where did you get electric start kit from ?

1. 233D73B4-A576-41C8-AC21-E3C0C3785E7C.jpg

both those wires are spliced together from yamaha and just plug into the blue and black wires already there . the yellow circle is the light wiring and the red is the tack drive supply.

i salvaged my e-start kit from a 1992 485 venture that we scrapped out. it only had the starter left and a few cables when i got to it. i only had to make 1 cable, battery box as i went with rx1 battery, and had to buy the solenoid and the fuse block. the solenoid is the cheap part at i think it was $25.00. the fuse block was $150.00 if i remeber right.

Hi again, I am still confused(my fault) - so please bear with me. Any chance I could get a clearer picture of the back of your tachometer. Yamaha parts store is telling me that the tachometer is fed by a mechanical cable - which I am aware of for older engine but I cannot confirm this for the 93 Enticer II LRT / see anywhere where a mechnical cable is listed(I understand my speedo runs from mechanical cable of course)

85L-83540-00-00 is the part # for the tac i used. it comes up on the site linked parts fiche for a 1995 et410.

if it is coming up with a cable drive, from just looking at parts fiche, that means he is looking at 1984 and older as those had cable drive on the et340's.

Ok thanks, will order and see what kind of mess I get into. Thanks again for your help, will post follow up once it arrives, hoping for a little more snow in Ottawa before it is all over ...

Success !! It was only two bullet connectors, they are doubled up from factory for lighting. Must sense pulse from generator. Thanks for the help

IMG_8203.jpg
IMG_8204.jpg

Back