Venom 600 clutch kit?

putzy

Can anyone recommend a good trail clutch kit, looking for stronger pull on low to midrange, anyone have a good setup they can share. Thanks

This is a set-up I found on the technical pages of this site, there are quite a few other ones on there as well but to be honest I have never put a clutch set-up on a 600 yet so I have no experience on how any of them work.

99 SX600 Trail
51/43 Helix, 8-ca weights 0.8g in tip, 2-3 engagement shims, stock spring primary, silver secondary, 1 or 2 layers removed from head gasket and 20/40 gearing. Jetting: 140 mains

with the crappyness of modern gas, only remove one head gasket layer max unless you are positive you are getting 91+ octane to prevent a burndown.

with the crappyness of modern gas, only remove one head gasket layer max unless you are positive you are getting 91+ octane to prevent a burndown.

100% Agree! Only remove the middle layer of the head gaskets.

Thining the headgaskets and doing the notchs in the reed stoppers, really help wake up these motors. Make sure your reed stoppers are stainless ones.

Last edited:
i thought the reed notches were for the 500 engines? would spacers be better or about the same?
thanks guys

i thought the reed notches were for the 500 engines? would spacers be better or about the same?
thanks guys

The notches work for the 500, 600 twins, and 600, 700 triples. I agree with you, I would think the spacers would be a bit better. I've only tried the notches on my 700 so I have nothing to compare it to.

This is a set-up I found on the technical pages of this site, there are quite a few other ones on there as well but to be honest I have never put a clutch set-up on a 600 yet so I have no experience on how any of them work.

99 SX600 Trail
51/43 Helix, 8-ca weights 0.8g in tip, 2-3 engagement shims, stock spring primary, silver secondary, 1 or 2 layers removed from head gasket and 20/40 gearing. Jetting: 140 mains

That set up probably wouldn't work the same for the venom, the venom is long travel and the sx is short travel, the engine stuff would be the same but clutching and gearing would be different.

Back