Piston Cost

SRXChris

The cost of OEM pistons in Canada from the closest dealer is 230 before tax. SO after tax about 800 just for pistons, no rings or anything else just pistons.

This is making my decision easier to make after pricing those out. I'm either parting this out or going aftermarket even though i just spent 300 on used jug and power valve blade and crank seals. AT least parting this out over time I should recoup my losses as the hard to find parts are all intact.

SPI or Wiseco are my options as I can by a kit that included more than pistions for half the price of just the OEM pistons.

Who has ran the aftermarkets with no issues?

Thanks.

I'm running SPX Teflon coated piston kits and they work fine. I like the idea of the Teflon coating as it reduces the risk of cold seizures.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you already checked out
threw Royal Distributing? A full kit including three Wiseco pistons & rings and a full set gaskets is 538$ for Srx, and 585$ for Vipers. Needle bearings are sold separately though.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you already checked out
threw Royal Distributing? A full kit including three Wiseco pistons & rings and a full set gaskets is 538$ for Srx, and 585$ for Vipers. Needle bearings are sold separately though.

Looked at the kits, but leaning toward the SPI kit if I can find one. See some on Ebay.

I use spi pistons, but use the factory yamaha rings,rings seem a little iffy?

I use spi pistons, but use the factory yamaha rings,rings seem a little iffy?

FActory rings fit the SPX/SPI with no issues?

Wish the factory pistons weren't so DAMN expensive up here among other parts. $230 in Canada vs 120 US is a no brainer for me, it's almost double the cost up here.

I can get 3 SPX for half the cost or less than OEM so to keep costs down and to try and ride next year I have to go this route or get rid of it.

Other than the pistons everything else will be OEM.

Back