Ovation Conversion

rubbersidedown

I have an 89 ovation that m son and I are starting a project. I want to swap to a proaction skid. That is no problem. I am looking for a way to add reverse. I think the enticer had a reverse but will that chaincase work on an ovation? Did phazer, exciter or xlv have reverse? Also what drive shaft should I be looking for to swith to 2.52 pitch?????

91 and up Venture 480 should be what you need. Has reverse, same basic chassis as a Phazer and parts are interchangeable. The Ovation is also based off a Phazer. A Phazer engine, and complete drive assembly is a bolt in to an Ovation so I think the Venture will too.

opsled

phazer II, exciter II, enticer II and pogo ventures all share the same chain case from the looks of it. i have a spare one that is going into an ss conversion when i get to it.

I have 2 Ovations that I am restoring and did the TSS scissor arm rebuild and new ski bolts on both of them.... if they are not seized yet I HIGHLY recommend doing them. 1 of the ones I rebuilt required a press, a torch and some careful re-tapping of the threads, it survived barely.

Some of those bolts are no longer available from Yamaha, and are a very specific size so be careful if you do!

phazer II, exciter II, enticer II and pogo ventures all share the same chain case from the looks of it. i have a spare one that is going into an ss conversion when i get to it.

SORRY the Exciter is completely different and never came with reverse

also if needed i have the steering gate and complete reverse off a 91 venture

some year back i built a ovation with a Phazer engine sled was a blast and fast widened out to 40'' centers ....put a 121 in it long story short is was mine them traded it to OPSLED for something else them got is back from his like 5 years later .....it was a fun sled handled great just had a few years of bad luck oval racing

Back