2019 srx

BigIron2

Very disappointed in yamaha badging a cat chassis with the srx name. That was a flagship icon and they just destroyed it. Way to go. 👎👎👎

I applaud Yamaha. Its just a racier version of the sidewinder. 17 years after being out of production sounds like a good time to bring it back in a top performance sled like Yamaha did back in 98 while cutting half their lineup. It was getting out of hand.

I sure wish Yamaha could have gotten a 700 srx motor in a light weight F7 chassis. I'm glad those 2 are in bed together

Gotta say its the best looking of the Yamacats so far,lowering the suspension makes sense for the sleds purpose(Groom trail,lake racer).Yamaha has cut models from its lineup before(Early 2000s,around the time of the RX1 release) but most signs point to an exit from the market(they were close to pulling the plug in 1984 and 2004).Kept hearing rumours of a new,all yamaha,chassis being tested in the US but they can still pull the plug(Mothership in Japan has the final say).Might buy a left over VK540 as its the only sled now made in Japan(How we got here?EPA:whine:,BRPs ETEC:2strokes:,Mountains sleds ridden by flatlanders:rofl::rofl:)but the prices are hard to Justify when you have three yamaha sleds in the stable.Better off keeping that money for fuel,parts,and needs of life.Hate to see the sun set on yamahas sled division,but take heart that the ones complaining why yamaha don,t make there IDEAL sled will be the ones down the road complaining why Yamaha gave up on snowmobiles:roll:.

Very disappointed in yamaha badging a cat chassis with the srx name. That was a flagship icon and they just destroyed it. Way to go. ������

Right on! If they wanted to bring the SRX name back they should have waited and put that name on the all new 100% Yamaha 2 stroke sled that will be out for 2020! ;-)

When the sidewinder first came out, I thought right away
"Sidewinder? Why didn't they just revive the SRX name?"

Last edited:
great job yamaha, i never thought we ever see this nameplate again. this is a brutal snowmobile, guys your hearts want 1998 all over again. forget it. yamaha snowmobiles might be gone in 2020. 3:16x (yammie tony)

Yes....I want 98 again, some of the best Yamaha sleds were made back then! I really don't think Yamaha will be done with sleds any time soon. I really think there will be something new for next year. They dropped production this year so there won't be so many left overs out there, they don't want a bunch of Yamacats sitting on the showroom floors when they come out with the new all Yamaha sleds. People have been asking Yamaha to at least give them an idea if there will be something all new coming from Yamaha, Yamaha won't say anything, they don't want people to know because if they did tell people that there was something new coming, this years sleds wouldn't sell, I think most people would wait a year to buy a new sled if they new they could get a 100% Yamaha sled next year. This is just the way I'm seeing it, hopefully I'm right.

At the end of the day the new srx is the best looking and fastest sled on snow next year! So I am ok with it being labeled srx!! I just wish I would have known they were coming out with it before I bought a 2018 winder ltx le.

Last edited:
Me too but since I sold my 98 SRX and I left the sport in 2007, I had to have one and I'm happier than a pig in shit with it.
What an awesome ride. Sidewinder chassis has proven itself to me.

Back