Viper Rear... Stock Skid w/ Ohlins vs Fast M10

duwem

What would be a better setup for ride quality and travel? Already have the Olhins in the front as it's an S

M10 will give you a better trail quality ride over the Ohlins in the stock no action pro-action. Toss a mono skid in that S now you will have something.

I have a viper s. It took me years to find the Ohlins rear shocks in good condition. The ride is much better than the stock shocks. However I have had stock shocks revalved and had a comparable ride. Advantage of Ohlins is the easy adjustment. I would also add that currently, I am waiting on one of my front Ohlins to be repaired. No one had parts locally to fix it. The parts were ordered from Sweden. So it is going to be a bit of a wait. As the sleds get older parts are much harder to find.

I have no experience swapping suspensions. But I bet if you keep an eye out here or ebay something may come up.

Revalving stock shocks can drastically improve your ride for less work and possibly less cash. It really depends on what deals you come across. If the sled has more than 3000 miles on it, it is probably time to go through the skid and replace warn bushings as well as a rebuild on the shocks.

I know of a sled for sale with M10 was wondering if worth picking up and swapping skids.

What's a mono skid?

Who revalves the stock shocks for better ride?

I know of a sled for sale with M10 was wondering if worth picking up and swapping skids.

What's a mono skid?

Who revalves the stock shocks for better ride?

Cannondale47 on the 4 stroke side can revalve anything you need. The mono is the single shock skid they they run in the 2006 Apex and later year Vectors. First started in the 2005 RX1. I installed one in my 2002 Viper and it transformed that sled into a great trail sled. That skid should have come out a few year earlier and the Viper would have been unreal.

I suppose it has a lot to do with how good of a bargain hunter you are but about what does the whole mono shock skid swap cost? Use the original Viper track or the one off the newer sled?

I suppose it has a lot to do with how good of a bargain hunter you are but about what does the whole mono shock skid swap cost? Use the original Viper track or the one off the newer sled?

$350 to $450 for a mini skid is out normal. I changed my viper to 1.25 rip saw.

Back