Sx Viper shocks on a 02 Venture?

frank700

Hello, will Sx Viper shocks bolt right into a 02 Venture? I am pretty sure they are the same length. I'm installing a Team Fast skid and I think I should upgrade the front shocks. Any thoughts? Thanks, Frank

no they will not. the only venture that viper front shocks work on that i know of are the 04-05 sx viper based venture. otherwise the front end was based off of the sx series sleds.

OK thanks for the info. All the people listing them on ebay say they are the same. Vmax, sxr, sx viper, venom, phazer. Interesting.

I believe you will be able to bolt them in but you will have to change the bushing in the upper mount for them. I am looking at swapping out my VMAX SX front shocks for Viper shocks and that is all I have to do. A search should reveal one of my posts about 2 years ago where I asked this question with the resulting answers.
Cheers

They bolt right in. Same length and shock mounting. They used a steel version of the shock with a straight rate spring.
If you haven't bought anything yet, get any of the ttc front shocks. They come with a straight rate spring and are valves better.

Thanks for the information Betheviper. I am installing a M20 136" Air suspension in this sled. Do you think I should change the front shocks? Would I notice a difference if I did? What shocks to get at a decent price if so? This sled is like brand new mint with 1300 miles. I have a 4 stroke and just still love the yammie triples so much. Thanks again!

Back