1978 EX Exciter 440 Oil Pump Lines Routing

02ViperMody44

Life Member
I bought a 1978 Exciter 440, that had a crack in the oil tank, so it was disconnected. I want to try and hook the oil pump back up and see it it works. I have bought the shop manuals and supplemental guides which show the general direction of where the oil lines go, but not the exact nipple on the pump. On my pump there appears to be four nozzles on it. Two currently have black rubber plugs on them, and two appear to have been left open. The one labeled "1" seems to have a really small nipple on it, (appears to be the same size as #3, but for the existing disconnected lines, they are too small. #4 is too large for any existing disconnected lines that I have on the sled. I will be replacing all the lines due to being hard/brittle/stretched. But the smaller lines, if I put it on #1, doesn't have any tension on the current hose, which I believe is the one with the oil filter on it, goes there. Can someone, Please, take a picture of the oil lines and show me the route that they go to connect to which nipple?
That would be most helpful for me. Should all have them been covered/plugged?
Thank you in advance
Rick

Attachments

• EX440 Oil Tank Layout.jpg
    EX440 Oil Tank Layout.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
  • EX440 Oil Pump.jpg
    EX440 Oil Pump.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 14
  • EX440 Oil Line Layout.jpg
    EX440 Oil Line Layout.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 13

OK, not a lot of action here, but connected the oil pump back up after some plastic epoxy to my oil tank(Couldn't find a used one). Can someone acknowledge if the oil filter line is in the right place(line from the front of the oil tank), or does it go on the bottom right of the pump? I believe I have it set up right. From the diagrams, seems to head in this direction, but doesn't show directly connected to which nipple.

OilLineFilterTopRight.jpgOilLineFilterTopLeft.jpgOilLineFilterLeft.jpg

Last edited:

Back