1980 SRV Rare?

jclee71

I acquired a 1980 SRV 540 all original, its pretty beat but engine fires right up and runs like a beast, it needs clutch work as it engages like 3000RPM and sounds like something it rattling around in the primary, seat needs to be covered and needs a track, should I part it out or is it worth it to fix up, i can't even find a picture on the web of one, how rare are they? What should I do?

I acquired a 1980 SRV 540 all original, its pretty beat but engine fires right up and runs like a beast, it needs clutch work as it engages like 3000RPM and sounds like something it rattling around in the primary, seat needs to be covered and needs a track, should I part it out or is it worth it to fix up, i can't even find a picture on the web of one, how rare are they? What should I do?

Is it red?

80 should be grey/silver with black hood center. Two tone blue with white on graphics. Same steel frame skid as an 80 SRX/SS440 and short track.

Not many made or around. Value isn't all that high even for nice ones as there are not many collecting sleds like them. Parts will probably be worth less than the whole sled. I would probably try to sell it whole or trade it for something else unless you are a collector.

opsled

Last edited:

Back