Off trail performance?

jjmoneysauce

Sleds in the 90s vintage are going for pretty reasonable prices these days, compared to new. I kind of dig the vintage stuff anyway, so it's a good way to prop up my fleet without investing tens of thousands.

What types or configurations of the 90s ish 2-strokes would have good off trail performance?

For touring sleds, there are a few configurations of Venture that are relatively interesting.

Just curious to see if there are any comments. Sorry if this question is redundant to other threads.

if you want off trail performance, try to stay with the st series sleds as they had 136" factory track most of the time for the early 90's sleds.

if you want off trail performance, try to stay with the st series sleds as they had 136" factory track most of the time for the early 90's sleds.

Thanks, yes, more footprint is always good. I notice you call out the Enticer II, I've gathered mixed reviews of its motor/carb. Yours has been ok I presume?

My 91 Phazer ST (136") and my 1992 Venture TF (151") are still my main rides. The Phazer offers a little more quickness on the trails but both steer like they are on rails. The only upgrades I am doing is to go to a 1.25" track and plastic skis for carving in the powder and I plan to add a reverse gear chaincase to the Phaer. Great gas mileage with both sleds. I am 185lbs and rarely bottom out the Phazer and never on the Venture with the two up suspension. Both great reliable sleds with lots of interchangable parts.

Back