EFI conversions yamaha triple?

Well I am currently converting my drag car from carburetor to efi , Using fueltech system. With a little help from a knowledgeable friend.
So thinking about it, I would think it would be possible to do the same with a two stroke triple. Other manufacturers have it on twins. I am very surprised that more Yamaha die hard two stroke guys have not attempted this. I am no expert but I would think it is possible as well.
Does Yamaha currently have a fuel injected triple outboard boat motor? Hmmm. Wheels turning. Lol.
I for one would always choose a two stoke over the four stroke just for the sound alone. I love the triples and would think if you can fit a four cylinder four stroke in the new chassis, you should also be able to fit a triple in there. And be much lighter. Then maybe you would see Yamaha in more snow cross events again. With the reliability of the Yamaha triple and fuel injection That would be a great combination.
Ok new project, who wants to donate a few triples and a new chassis and some time? ? Lol.
I am thinking easiest way would be putting injectors just after the reed valves, oiling would have to be considered as well as timing. Timing adjustments would have to be figured out. Afr and tps and fuel system should be straight forward. Hmmm?

Last edited:

Back