cdi,spark,charging coil, pulser coil, issues

denversrx

I have a vary nice 76 exciter 340, all stock so far, I just replaced the rings, I'm having problems with the spark to the right recoil side, plugs are new & gapped, starts on first pull no choke, when running it doesn't sound like it's running on both cylinders, when I apply some throttle raising the rpms it seems to be only running on the pto side for the most part & every few seconds you'll hear it try to fire on the right side but doesn't clear up & run true or fire evenly , even when the throttle is opened up it still won't begin firing. At this point I've checked the right plug & it's vary wet & the left pto side plug is a nice creamy dry brown. One of my test was to pull the plug wire off while it was running & by that you could tell it lost all spark to that right side. I've even switched the coil wires around & still no change in firing. 8 years ago when I first first picked up this sled it wouldn't fire on that side so I replaced the old CDI with the new Fireplug box & it sounded like a new mean machine & has only been started 20 times & maybe 15 miles added since then so it's been just lately that I've wanted to use it again but can not get it to spark on that cylinder again, I've tested the resistance in the plug wires & caps both check out the same, even moving the wires to find shorts but no change. What other test are there & how do I do them & by the way I checked the compression on both cylinders before & after the new rings & there's no change there both sides still read 90 psi from this new compression tester..... Any ideas with in reason thanks Larry.

Back