Bolt through chain case cover...

NorthernSX

Well, had the bottom bolt that holds the bottom big gear on, back itself out, and set itself free right through
My chain case cover..... The ride before, I had lost the bottom bearing, so had everything out then to replace the bearing. Put everything back together the way parts diagram showed, and used blue locktite, (all i had).
Anyone have any ideas what may have went wrong ?
Or what i should do when fixing it this time?

Well, had the bottom bolt that holds the bottom big gear on, back itself out, and set itself free right through
My chain case cover..... The ride before, I had lost the bottom bearing, so had everything out then to replace the bearing. Put everything back together the way parts diagram showed, and used blue locktite, (all i had).
Anyone have any ideas what may have went wrong ?
Or what i should do when fixing it this time?

I have had 100s of these apart and have never lost the bolt like that. It was either not torqued enough or it was not in all the way. Not sure what else to tell you.

never had one back out when i brake kleened the threads before locktight. have snapped the head off of one floating around in there and could not see why it snapped.

I brake cleaned it also, with loctite.
Can’t figure out why it backed out, other than i had a bunch of track ratcheting that day.

I had one back out on me, I hadn't used locktight or anything special. I have never had another back out. I normally don't even use locktight or torque it down. Only had the problem that one time.

Back