Anybody ever see this happen to Ohlins

tomseal6

VIP Member
This is on my srx. I put the sled in garage for summer storage a few days ago and thought there was a stick hanging down from about 10 feet away. As I get closer to take a look I was hoping can be rebuilt and fixed.

I know these ohlins have a lot of miles on them and the 1 inch extension.

Can somebody tell me how I can get this pair repaired/rebuilt? I would like a reputable ohlin shock rebuilder.

Thanks
0ffa060e1798c76730ce291c63229e62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just had mine repaired on my sx viper s. I was crossing a metal bridge when the carbide caught. Bent my trailing arm shock and tie rod. I took it to Pioneer motor sports. It Took them a while to get the parts, as they had to order the parts over seas. Parts are no longer readily available. But still out there.
Cost me approximately $200.00 parts and labor.

Looking at your shock. The shaft may be able to be repaired.

I dont see anything bent like you mention you had but thats nuts how it came apart. I think I will email this pic to pioneer and send them in a month or so. Those guys are awesome and so I guess the wait will be worth it. Front Ohlins on a SRX are pretty nice coming from a KYB's

pioneer is where i got the parts i needed for a bent front viper s shock. rod was bent and eye was scrap. threw a seal kit in while i had them serviced locally.

I think I am just going to put them in a box with all my contact info and ship to pioneer saying please fix. Maybe I can get the springs powder coated ohlin yellow while im at it.

A good set of ohlins on the front of a SRX is worth every penny. I sold the stock KYB's on my 11 Apex for cheap and put GYTR's on and never looked back.

Back