LED bulbs and the rubber boot

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I bought a set of LEDs for my '01 SRX and put them in on my last ride,right at the truck as I unloaded.I had to remove the rubber boots that cover the base on the stock bulbs because I couldn't get them to fit right then and didn't have the time to mess with them so I just tossed them in the back seat of my truck.My question is can the rubber boots be stretched enough to fit over the heat sink of an LED bulb without tearing or otherwise ruining them?If not what are guys with LEDs using?

i have rocktoyz led bulbs in my sleds and on his the heat sink is installed after the bulb is in place with the rubber boot.

Can you take a few pics of your set up? Like all we will ever know to install a rocktoyz kit? Thanks lol.

i have rocktoyz led bulbs in my sleds and on his the heat sink is installed after the bulb is in place with the rubber boot.

I was thinking about that right after I posted the thread.I'll have to have another look at the bulbs and see what kind of a deal it is to get the heat sink off the ones I bought.To be honest I haven't looked at the sled for 2 months or so.

i had pic up before photobucket went stupid in a review i did on the lights. i will have to go fix the thread and put the pics on google drive.

Back