How many studs ......hmmm

1stgensrx

Hey guys. Gunna be buying a new track for my 1980 srx440 with the 116" Trac. It's a .85" lug. So it's gunna be a dragracer on packed snow/ice and possibly a oval racer as well on ice.
Also time to buy studs but I have no idea what to buy .....size.....style/type.........and amount....
Full mod motor producing 100hp.
Any help would be great

Last edited:

well with the lug height the ideal stud would be 1'' but the will chew up the tunnel and bulkhead even with tunnel protectors .... a mix of chisels and ice picks in the 138-184 for drag racing and if set up right for ice ovals with 10'' carbides you will need up to 230 ice picks .... the ideal track for a yamaha is still the 1/2'' lug yokohama or a 3/4'' camoplast "R" track stud length will be 3/8" over the lug for oval and 3/4" over the lug for drags but like i said there are clearance issues i use the factory tracks 1/2 lug with .875 t nut studs for drags and .700 t nut ice picks for oval racing

Track is bought and paid for.....looked for months for any different tracks and found none so .85" is what it is. and if 1" is max allowed room then what length of stud CAN i use?.....is there a .9" or .95 even? Thanx for the numbers of studs needed.

Is there any srx owners that have dealt with this .875 track from royal distributing with studs? Just curious to see if a .92 stud has eaten any metal in the tunnel?

Back