need help for my 97 vmax 700 clutching

trevor1203

I am planing to modify my sled this summer in time for winter i have a 97 vmax 700 sx and i am planning on installing cpr triple pipes and reed spacers. looking for either a clutch set up or a clutch kit i can install. i am looking for more of a aggressive trail set up so in other terms i kinda want a best of both worlds kinda deal. so i was thinking a higher engagement spring to get a better take off without sacrificing any top end. i also need to increase my rpm to around 9100 which is required for the pipes i have. also any top end upgrade i can do either from clutching or any other modification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

8AY weights inner hole empty and the out hole a 3.1 Gram, P-P-P primary spring, 48/43 Helix with a Silver Secondary spring set at 80 deg.

Sweet thanks by any chance do you remember how the sled ran like to rpms and when did it engange? also how was the speed. also do you have any idea where i can find those wieghts
Thanks again

Last edited:
Sweet thanks by any chance do you remember how the sled ran like to rpms and when did it engange? also how was the speed. also do you have any idea where i can find those wieghts
Thanks again

Direct from Yamaha or as stated in the wanted section.

Its been a while but I think 3800 engagement and WOT 8350 to 8400.

Back