Installing questions

stealth82

So this past season I rebuilt the engine in my srx. I also replaced some rivets in the engine compartment. And now that I'm getting ready to reinstall everything and I've been looking at the diagrams on partzilla trying to figure out where all these little brackets go under the engine. Does anyone have pics of the engine bay with all those brackets installed minus the engine? Thanks

I have mine apart right now, not sure what little brackets you are referring to, do you have a picture of them?

I had to drill out a bunch of bad rivets, so I had everything removed. A few of the brackets were for routing the wireharness, think I got it figured out.

Ah your talking about the little hooks that rivet to the bulkhead, yes they are for the wiring harness that runs to the hood. I recommend retaping the harness or adding some kind of plastic protection as this part of the harness was known for rubbing through over time and causing electrical issues.

Ah your talking about the little hooks that rivet to the bulkhead, yes they are for the wiring harness that runs to the hood. I recommend retaping the harness or adding some kind of plastic protection as this part of the harness was known for rubbing through over time and causing electrical issues.

X2. Just use wire loom. Works perfect and depending on how you route harness you won’t need the clips anyway.

Back