Any 01 Race CDI's for sale?

pete_man26

Looking for a Race CDI for a 01 SRX. Anything out there? Already checked the classifieds.

Thanks

Race CDI = stock Viper CDI
That’s what Hauck sold.
Since you have a 2001, should be just a plug and play, but be careful, it adds a lot of timing over a srx box.
Need good fuel!

Race CDI = stock Viper CDI
That’s what Hauck sold.
Since you have a 2001, should be just a plug and play, but be careful, it adds a lot of timing over a srx box.
Need good fuel!

Not entirely true, they apparently were viper boxes but they were reprogrammed for higher RPM. I can't say how true it is, just something I learnt yesterday from someone who is running a hauck box. Dyno'd a stock viper box VS a hauck one. Hauck one reved better and made 3-4 HP more at high RPM.

Well, that is very interesting, that is the first time I have ever heard that. Everything I have ever read, said the were just stock viper units.

I thought the same thing, so now I'm trying to find out if there is a way to tell if there is a physical difference between the two.

Since the viper box makes power out to 9300 rpm, could you possibly clutch for 9000 on stock SRX pipes?

The hauck/viper race cdi have a hauck racing sticker on them. If you peel the sticker off theres no physical difference. It just looks like a stock viper cdi.

Back