Srx. Hauck helix

Seth437

Could anyone tell me what helix I have in my sled. Bought it last year. 98 srx 700. It’s a hauck power sports with an “A” stamped in it. And Also what color spring should be in there and wrapped at what degree. Having issues getting it to pull over 7800 rpm.. right now it has a black spring wrapped at 120 degrees. Still only getting 7800 rpm it was wrapped at 90 so I bumped to 100 then to 120 and no change in rpm hmmm smh
Thanks Seth

Start looking into the primary.It sounds like you have either a spring issue or the fly weights are not weighted correctly,or both.Find the colour markings on the primary spring and get a new one,that way you can rule out the spring.Pull the fly weights and buy or borrow a set of gram scales so you can weigh them for a total overall weight.If the setup worked initially before you bought the sled then something has happened to cause the low rpm your experiencing.Put the new spring in try it,that may be all you need,but be prepared to do some tuning with the weights.

If this setup ends up being a bust,there's lots to choose from in the tech section under user sleds setups.

Back