ET TRK track swap

jjmoneysauce

A decent looking 136 x 15 x 1.25 track popped up on the local buy and sell for cheap, off a 2004 Renegade. Preliminary looks like it's a 2.52 pitch.

I've been mulling over someday swapping out the track on my Enticer long track ET TRK, which is of course the old school very low-profile lug.

Any brief advice on whether this is worth pursuing, etc?

track.jpg

depends on the year of et. i know the late 80's/early 90's had the 2.52 pitch in the 136" et. all the enticer II sleds are 136" with 2.52 drivers and i can confirm that a 2.52x136"x15" fits right into the sled. been running one on my 1997 for the last 2 seasons and it is actually lighter than the stock track as i picked up 10 kph on top end on the sled. did not need to touch clutching.

i hope to put one into a 1990 et400 t/r this winter as i have a take off from an rx war that the studs where starting to pull through but the paddles and the rest of the track is fine. going to pull the studs of course.

Thanks! I wonder if some of that 10 kph is from better grip maybe?

Didn't think of clutching...will see how it performs if I end up with the donor in my truck.

TRK is an 86, and I haven't measured yet to confirm, but think the track pitch is 2.52.

Last edited:
well i did put an 1-1/4" ripsaw on it.

i did not need to do clutching yet on my 97 but i have not had time to play in the powder with it yet to see how it is. on trail it is fine as i have put 3000km on it since i did the track.

according to royal distributing, an 1986 340t/r has a 3.25 pitch stock. apparently you just need to put the 2.52 drivers from the 1990 sled onto the drive axle and you are good to install that track. the 1990 i am doing later with a 1-1/4" ripsaw i will be fine for drivers.

I'll be at the sled in a couple days so I can confirm the pitch and see whether I'll need to get different drivers. Thanks for the info!

Back