Mice chewed up foam

j2hizzo

VIP Member
Mice chewed the inside foam of my srx that was in excellent shape...They chewed almost all the foam and I had a pile 2 ft high..pissed is all I can say. Tried hard over the years to keep it nice and this happens. Can I get replacements foam? 01 srx 700. And what else can I use to deter rodents.? I've used mint, mothballs, traps...

Clutch side belly pan foam ? Under hood foam ?
Let me know which pieces you need and I will try to find some for you.
I just found some for mine a few months back.

Hi there,

( j2hizzo )

I just bought a cherry 2002 SRX 700 Bone stock never abused or studded etc...with 1023km off a collector ..., only thing
Was damaged was the foam .... Grrr ... I’m very particular & stubborn , anyhow ...., I found the part number from yamahapartshouse.com & punched that into eBay and found all the ones for under the hood in a set about $150 ish Canadian ... they had just sold the last one for by the clutches , that you don’t see much ..., it’s another $30 , however outa stock now and maybe not back who knows ...., Hardest part will be to heat and peel and cut Nd remove old stuff as
Apparently the new stuff has the adhesive pre applied , just peel off a paper film and carefully apply .
Anyhow, this is the part number : 8DF-W7726-10-00 , punch into white eBay search bar and his go or enter .

Check periodically on eBay here is the part # for the Noise Damper by clutches 8DF-77271-00-00

Might take a while as they come from Japan ..., only ordered mine a week ago ....., hopefully the mice don’t eat it
On the container ship ....lol

All the same suggestions as everyone else about how to keep mice away ..., however I heard another thing about Mint
Buy a bunch of Mint for the grocery store and mash it up really good and fine chop it etc...& pack a lot of it into a spray
Bottle and fill with water and let the water soak up the mint from the leaves for a bit and spray the foam under your hood &
On the ones by the clutches & the air box one & around the seat area might not be a bad idea either as under the leather is more foam ...., this is an idea I've heard that works to deter Spiders as well as they do not like Mint either ...., you could put a wind up trap and those sticky paper things under the sled with the back elevated a little higher .

Or I was thinking of one of those rigs that raises the entire sled of the ground ..., maybe it’s high enough & the mice can’t
Climb the metal as well ...., all I can say is after I get these replaced ... I will go to great lengths to prevent this from happening again !!!!!!

Last edited:

Back