96 vmax xt 600 track ?

NHTodd

Alrighty guys and gals it's track buying time and I don't have a clue as what to look for. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Todd

I know 1" is stock. Was thinking of going bigger and definitely studding. Never done that. Any recommendations on tread patterns?

Last edited:
Go bigger and don't stud. There just is not shite for room under the 94-96 platforms.
I got an 1.5 to somewhat fit w/ 8 tooth drivers. But even then I still had to trim down to 1.25 where the tunnel coolers would make contact.
A 1" w/ stock 9 tooth drivers is all you are going to be able to stuff in there.

2.52” pitch drivers inches to Metric (rounded to nearest mm)
10 tooth 8.021” diameter 204 mm
9 tooth 7.219” diameter 183 mm
8 tooth 6.417” diameter 163 mm

https://totallyamaha.net/showthread.php/97649-96-XT6-to-144

Last edited:
a 1" talon or ice ripper would be the ticket for that sled. i would lean towards the ice ripper if price is not a problem.

Alrighty well looks like popular opinion is the stock 1". So any where in particular is a good dealer for tracks. Like I said never done this before.

Alrighty guys found a couple tracks from Composit that look good for good money one is 1.10" and the other is 1.25". Motstly gonna run this thing in my backyard which is a 5 acre field and any trails I can find. So which would be the better decision with no studs? Thanks for all the advice so far.

Todd

What ^Maim^ said!!! And at that 1.1 , NHTodd will stand for .... Not Happy Todd during the install.
When I said ..... STUFF in my previous post, I was not exaggerating.

Last edited:

Back