One sledders trash is another ones trouble

Anyone have thoughts on what type of Boyesen Reeds (Dual Stage, Super Stock, Super Stock carbon fiber) perform best with the piped 480 (AAEN)? I've only used dual stage on other sleds in the past.

Did not take any before pics because I wasn't intending to start a project when I hauled it in. Was just planning to strip it down for parts to add the reverse chain case and electric start to my 91 Phazer. After i had it torn down I figured that rather than side line and do a rush job on the Phazer, which is my daily runner, I would take my time and play with the venture.

IMG_20180829_202741.jpg

There was the usual kind of neglect and damage. Track was completely toast, hyfax worn right through and rails damaged, hood hinges busted off, front bumper bent in, front and side panels broken, battery compartment completely crushed, left foot well crushed , running boards bent and sagging, lots of duct tape and zip ties holing her together.

looks similar to the one we scrapped, almost to the dents too!

got a couple of cans on a phazer i am scrapping if you want em too. bought the carcass for the skid and drivetrain in my case.

Last edited:
Thanks Maim. Would love a set of cans if they are for a Phazer II if you can spare them. Would be a big help as I need to get the front suspension done next so I can install the steering control arms and do the alignment. Let me know how to reach you.

Last edited:
Thanks Bucks. The cans for the 94 - 96 Vmax were taller. I have one Vmax 600 strut and if I find a second one I may take you on your offer to do the upgrade for the powder.

I decided to go with the 94 VMax 600 struts.

IMG_20180913_215209.jpg

Only problem is I have two strut assemblies with good cans but only one shock. If anyone has a 94/95 VMax front shock absorber they want to sell I'd be interested.

IMG_20180911_130303.jpg

Otherwise things are coming together.

IMG_20180913_215058.jpg

Back