Engine install question

stealth82

I'm in the process of installing the engine into my 02 sec. I'm wondering if you guys have any tips, like what's the best way to install with the engine mounts. Any special tips? I'd appreciate it.

Sorry 02 srx, mine isn't just dropping in, so was wondering if people had tips on what works best, like getting one side started and get it attached to one of the mounts,etc..

Sorry 02 srx, mine isn't just dropping in, so was wondering if people had tips on what works best, like getting one side started and get it attached to one of the mounts,etc..

Clutch has to be off. Then tip motor pto shaft thru hole and it should drop in and then shift over.

Also, on the exhaust side, the top part of the frame should unbolt, three bolts in front, and three in the back. The part that comes out is just above the recoil. If that is not out, it may be near impossible.

Also, on the exhaust side, the top part of the frame should unbolt, three bolts in front, and three in the back. The part that comes out is just above the recoil. If that is not out, it may be near impossible.

Thats right I forgot about the bulkhead brace that needs to come out. Good point!!

Yep the bulkhead brace is off, the sled isn't at my house and when I worked on it last, it just seemed like it was getting hung up on something.

Should go in like Mr. Sled said, tip the PTO shaft down slightly, and make sure you don't have a motor mount loose that may be swinging into the way causing trouble.

I'm not around the sled but I thought last time the part that was giving me trouble was the oil pump was getting snagged on the antifreeze hose that comes up from the bulkhead..

The oil pump will get hung up on whatever is there so it will take a little finagling to get the base in and setting square on the mounts.I've done it countless times but I don't know that there's an easy way to do it,just keep tipping or rolling the engine to get the oil pump to clear.If memory serves me the one thing I always had to contend with was the engine mount on the chassis.It helps if there's an extra set of hands to help,especially if the engine is complete with cylinders and heads mounted because it tends to be heavy and awkward to lift and twist it to get everything to clear.

Alright yea I'll get to work on it hopefully in the next couple of weeks, and I'll just have to mess with it and see what the deal is, the engine is completely assembled and I'm doing it by myself, so hopefully it'll go in fairly painless for me. Thanks guys for the info.

Back