Viper skid swap

madzx2

I just put an edge skid in my viper using jb shocks measurements. The front of the rails are about 2" off the floor and the rear is on the floor. What could I have done wrong. Followed the dimensions and measured 3 times before I drilled.

Front limiter straps too tight ?

Other ideas, if the measurements were for a short travel front suspension sled, like SX or SRX ?

Last edited:
I'm putting a polaris edge skid in a viper, I got the measurements from jb shocks. Limiters are un hooked, rear torsion springs un hooked and hooked up. Still 3" from the bottom front of the rails to the floor. I dont know what I'm doing wrong. Pulling my hair out.

I moved the front shock to the lower position which seems to move the rails down. It sits flat now but I had to remove all the air from my front shocks to get it that way. Should I lower the skid mounting holes another inch? The rear sits low still.

I did an edge swap in my viper years ago using the JB Shocks dimensions and it went fine. If anything mine sits lower in the front than the rear. Can you post a picture so we can try to see what is going on?

Can you post "what" measurements you used specifically? I have an IQ skid and comparing JB's install measurements to actual Polaris sleds they are different. Very frustrating to say the least. Front limiter strap seems to pull the front arm down quite a bit even when using it's fully extended position.

I just put an edge skid in my viper using jb shocks measurements. The front of the rails are about 2" off the floor and the rear is on the floor. What could I have done wrong. Followed the dimensions and measured 3 times before I drilled.
I am looking to put a eadge skid in my 2002 Viper and wondering the length of the skid you put in yours and how you knew where to drill. And how much better did it ride. Thanks

Back