Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble shooting/ rebuilt

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

X3 on bad gas, dirty carb. Raise needles, optical head gasket, and rear heat exchanger will prevent this from happening again. Give carbs a real good cleaning, clean and adjust PV and should be good to go.
    2002 Yamaha SXViper - Daughters
    E-start, reverse, extended to 144" with cobra track. Awesome EdgeWrap in purple and pink!!

04 Yamaha SXViper S - Extra
    E -Start, reverse, Ohlins all the way around, Extended to 144", cobra track! Cant get rid of this sled just yet!!

2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX-SE - Wifes.

2017 Yamaha SRViper LTX-LE - Mine

THE VIPER PIT IS NEVER COMPLETE! Bipolar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super1c View Post
    X3 on bad gas, dirty carb. Raise needles, optical head gasket, and rear heat exchanger will prevent this from happening again. Give carbs a real good cleaning, clean and adjust PV and should be good to go.
    Yes sir will do! I got the manuals via email this morning and will apply all the good advice I am getting from all the guys here, but as for the rear heat exchanger...? you are not the first one that mentioned that. I guess more surface to dissipate/extract the heat from the coolant. I achieve that by adding one? does it have to be a specific one and is it just a matter of making fit under the tunnel at the back and hook up to the cooling system or it involve more?

Senior Member Open Mod shaggyzr2's Avatar

Most people use the SRX cooler but I think you can also use one from other proaction sleds, vmax, sxr, venture etc. You just need to remove the cross over tube in the back and the cooler goes in it's place, rivets in. Don't forget to bleed the cooling system after you do that. I'm not a viper expert but I think the vipers had rear coolers starting in 04.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggyzr2 View Post
    Most people use the SRX cooler but I think you can also use one from other proaction sleds, vmax, sxr, venture etc. You just need to remove the cross over tube in the back and the cooler goes in it's place, rivets in. Don't forget to bleed the cooling system after you do that. I'm not a viper expert but I think the vipers had rear coolers starting in 04.
    perfect thank you very much! mine is a 2002.

Yup, SRX cooler is the one. The others will work but are smaller.
    2002 Yamaha SXViper - Daughters
    E-start, reverse, extended to 144" with cobra track. Awesome EdgeWrap in purple and pink!!

04 Yamaha SXViper S - Extra
    E -Start, reverse, Ohlins all the way around, Extended to 144", cobra track! Cant get rid of this sled just yet!!

2016 Yamaha SRViper LTX-SE - Wifes.

2017 Yamaha SRViper LTX-LE - Mine

THE VIPER PIT IS NEVER COMPLETE! Bipolar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super1c View Post
    Yup, SRX cooler is the one. The others will work but are smaller.
    Hi, I just look under and there is a rear cooler. I also look at the part diagram for a 2002 viper like mine and it does not show a rear cooler....Am I ok to assume that one of the previous owners had already done that modification previously?

and I found a picture in that tread https://totallyamaha.net/showthread....-SXViper/page2

which is exactly the same as mine. Is the an SRX cooler or it would be bigger and better?

Thank you

That picture shows a srx cooler.
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC 600 - (700 redhead swap underway)
    Bender Porting, Aaen twin pipes, V-Force 3, Dual bulb conversion

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks,
    51/45 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Stock?

Quote Originally Posted by MURDER YAMAHA View Post
    That picture shows a srx cooler.
    great, thank you. Some thing less to purchase! more money for something else

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12