How much HP will a M10 suspension take away?

GOBLUE4582

I am thinking of putting one on my 2001 SRX and was just curious how much they slow you down?

I've heard you can lose up to 10 mph on top end with any long travel suspension, I'm sure acceleration will suffer also.

I am thinking of putting one on my 2001 SRX and was just curious how much they slow you down?

Not enough to outweigh the benefits of the added travel. If your a straight line shooter only, you wouldn't be looking at an m10. I say go for it. Find a newer one with imperial hardware and non colored rails. You can use the stock front mount in the chassis instead of the junk aluminum bolt on ones that come with them.

Your cornering wont be as good with the longer travel suspension, and if you raise the back you should do the same to the front of the sled.

Not enough to outweigh the benefits of the added travel. If your a straight line shooter only, you wouldn't be looking at an m10. I say go for it. Find a newer one with imperial hardware and non colored rails. You can use the stock front mount in the chassis instead of the junk aluminum bolt on ones that come with them.

Really? You can ditch the junk aluminum arms? Mine has them, had to replace them as well due to the hole elongating. I assume you can go without them if you factor that in when first installing the skid? If not all the brackets etc have to be relocated correct?

As these guys have said cornering is probably not as good. I haven’t rode a stock skid srx but the m10 when riding aggressive seems to want to overpower the front end. I have a hacksaw 1.25” with 96 studs and up front I have the c&a pro xt skis which are very aggressive and still the rear overpowers the front at times.

I want to switch back to the stock skid since I got one with the sled, but haven’t been able to find good info on whether it can be done and what’s involved. Only info I’ve gotten is don’t do it you’ll regret it the m10 is superior ya da ya da. I want to switch it regardless but like I said I can’t find the info

Sorry to the op....to answer....not sure on how much hp lost but after fighting clutching etc etc. I have gotten roughly 110mph out of my 99 with the m10.

Really? You can ditch the junk aluminum arms? Mine has them, had to replace them as well due to the hole elongating. I assume you can go without them if you factor that in when first installing the skid? If not all the brackets etc have to be relocated correct?

Yes didn't know it until I bought a sled with an m-10 mounted in the front stock locations... Way better! But yes, that call has to be made before the stock fronts are removed. I've had to replace my aluminum arms also because they get blown out if anything loosens up the slightest bit. The p.o. Had my m-10 mounted really poorly, which didn't help any. Now I check them constantly to make sure they stay tight.

Is it a stock m10 or a aftermarket m10? Also they do sell a install kit for that suspension. It has to be set up right. Also all you have to do is change air pressure and keep track loose to loose very little I was told. The ride quality is worth it I was told.

Back