What are the chances?? (looking for 116" to 121" rail extensions) ('89 Phazer)

DooinVT

What are the chances?? (looking for 116" to 121" rail extensions) ('89 Phazer)

I have recently got my Grandfathers old Phazer back up and running and plan on putting it back on the trails this winter. I want to put a new (newer/taller lug) track on it, obviously the 121" tracks have plenty of options and are much cheaper. (can get a nice used one)
So, I am looking for a set of 116" to 121" rail extensions to put a better track on this thing.
No, I do not want to relocate the skid, nor do I want to go to a 136". I just simply want to add an the small extension and swap the track.

Any help pointing me in a direction to find such a thing would be great! I know they used to make them, I'd rather buy a set than to make my own.

Thanks in advance for any help !!!!!

I found that WPS used to make them (part # 44-1533) but I haven't been able to find a set anywhere. This stuff has all been discontinued.
TranCan imports does list a pat # for these but I can't find any place that sells them. (They do not sell to the General public, according to their webpage)

I did find the same length extension in an SLP brand part, but it states they are for "trailing arm models " so I'm assuming the slide rail is different.

Might be easier to just get a 121" skid from a newer phazer, there are tons of them out there and cheap!

Ive got one (actually, 2 of them) but like I said in my original pist, I do not want to relocate the skid. (They do not bolt up in the same place)

The Phaser II ST has the extensions for 121 to 136. They just bolt on to the outside of the rails. If you can find a set you might be able to cut them down and just drill new bolt holes in the extensions. They are just made of 1/4in aluminum plate so you could make up your own pretty cheap. Would need the longer collars (spacers) and rear axle from the ST as well to make up for the extra 1/4in on each side. They don't look as nice as the WPS extensions but they work.

the trailing arm ones might work. the phazer II axle i needed for a sled build also fit the late 90's trailing arm sleds as well. might need to crawl through the online parts fiche and check the axle part # to see if it fit newer models that are listed on sites.

The axel wasn't my concern, its the way they bolt to the slide rails. The slide rails from a trailing arm model (in the rear where everything bolts) look a bit different.

And no, you cant just get a longer set and "cut them shorter", it doesn't work that way... unfortunately !

Thanks for all the responses !!

well after comparing part # from 1986-2010 for rear wheels and axles , witch the one for your sled was used until 2004 on ventures and vipers, a set of 121" to 128" rail extensions might be your best bet. might have to get a machine shop to mod the end that bolts to the rails to shorten it about 1" for your aplication but it should work as you need to transfer all the adjuster parts to the extensions anyways.

going to be making a phazer II st with slp stuff once i get time.

I work in a machine shop (26 years) so I guess I'm just going to make my own. I do have a '92 Venture XL that I am going to "136" (from a 121) but I already have the rail extensions for that one.
Its just too bad that someone doesn't manufacture an extension for the 116 to 121. Soooo many people would buy them , instead of changing skids and having to drill, plate, and relocate the skids. Especially now a days that the old Phazers are "Vintage" and people are getting into them! the old "Bald" 116 left a lot to be desired!! lol

I work in a machine shop (26 years) so I guess I'm just going to make my own. I do have a '92 Venture XL that I am going to "136" (from a 121) but I already have the rail extensions for that one.
Its just too bad that someone doesn't manufacture an extension for the 116 to 121. Soooo many people would buy them , instead of changing skids and having to drill, plate, and relocate the skids. Especially now a days that the old Phazers are "Vintage" and people are getting into them! the old "Bald" 116 left a lot to be desired!! lol

If you're making your own you should make a few sets and sell them.

no need for rail extensions just move the skid back 2.5" or use a phazer 2 skid the relocate the rear mounting plates as the front arm mounts in the same location

Back