700 venture rear shock

Venture700triple

Hi looking for some help and insight on what others have done. My 2004 venture bottoms very easily while riding two up. Neither of us are hefty riders. Wondering what everyone has replaced their stock shock and spring combination with on the "viper style " venture from 2004. Is their a replacement heavier duty coil spring I could use when replacing the shock? Aftermarket or factory. Looking for options on a quality shock replacement. Thanks in advance ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

those shocks are not usually rebuildable, at least it was not on my dads 05 sx viper venture. we put a full set of olins i had gotten for my brothers 02 viper that we took off before he sold it. rears where out of a mountain max and fronts where from a 04 viper s. the rear olins spring was lighter than the stock venture spring but there was enough adjustment for us to get it to work. now we just adjust the fra to hard when riding 2-up.

i would reccomend re-using your stock spring with a rebuildable sx viper rear set of shocks as yours are probably toast from age/milage.

I got an idea, look up parts fische on this site or others for your sled-('04 VT 700) go to suspension and on the list is a stock shock-#8CW-47480-20, now the alternate shocks are as- #8CW-47480-30-00 and the #8FF-47480-00-00. I'll bet if you check the 2 latter ones are heavier for what you are looking for! Try phone YAMAHA customer services and ask for tech. service and ask them about these 2 shocks and they'll tell you about them and their spring rate and shock valving which will definitely be better than stock!

Back