Removing power valve from cable

Darkness

Hey guy's,

First time I own a Yammy with power valves. It's an 02 Viper and I took the power valves out, but they are still connected to the cable.
I can't see how to disconnect them at the valve side. Any tips on how to do this?

I found documentation online on how to clean them etc, but nothing shows how to disconnect the cable so that they can be soaked.
Thanks!

i usually use the bottom cut off of a windsheild washer jug sitting on the y-pipe to soak the ones on my dads 2005 sx venture.

i usually use the bottom cut off of a windsheild washer jug sitting on the y-pipe to soak the ones on my dads 2005 sx venture.

Good idea. I'll give this a shot.
However I'd also like to check for pull throughs from what I read this is quite common.

So still looking for any help on how to disconnect the cable from the power valve itself if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

Good idea. I'll give this a shot.
However I'd also like to check for pull throughs from what I read this is quite common.

So still looking for any help on how to disconnect the cable from the power valve itself if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

Should be able top pull the spring back and slide the gable and led shot end out the side of the power valve.

Thanks everyone,

I turned the servo motor clockwise to loosen the cable and they all came right off.
No signs of stretch or pull through on any of them and sled has 7600kms on it.
Cleaned them up with a nylon wheel brush attached to a drill, no scratches and came out mint!
Thanks again folks!

Now to figure out if they are adjusted properly.... More reading to do :)

Back