Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New yamaha 2 stroke sled?

Senior Member Improved low slung's Avatar

Default New yamaha 2 stroke sled?

Pretty interesting patent that been on the go for the past few years,notice where the exhaust outlet is(check out full pages).http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=0...iew+first+page
    Last edited by low slung; 10-08-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Blog Entries

I really dont think Yamaha will be bringing back a 2 stroke with the way emissions are in the States but who knows.
    Castle X Gear and more...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSled View Post
    I really dont think Yamaha will be bringing back a 2 stroke with the way emissions are in the States but who knows.
    They have to get ROI back on a new 2 stroke engine if developed,sharing it in a new superjet PWC would help get back that cost(700cc twin exist in that model now).Would they sell enough Superjets to offset the cost(and would the motor design work in two different applications?).Much easier to make a fourstroke based on the 873cc triple from the FZ-09.

One can Dream,Blue please....screenshot.jpg

Senior Member Open Mod shaggyzr2's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

If they did sell a 2 stroke again it would probably be an arctic cat painted blue with some yamaha decals on it.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/no/nb/pr...e-transporter/ Looks like this is the direction there going,cheaper in the long run.. 2019-Yamaha-MP600-SE-EU-Yamaha_Black-Action-002-03.jpg

Senior Member Open Mod shaggyzr2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by low slung View Post
    https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/no/nb/pr...e-transporter/ Looks like this is the direction there going,cheaper in the long run.. 2019-Yamaha-MP600-SE-EU-Yamaha_Black-Action-002-03.jpg
    It just makes me laugh...it's an arctic cat with and arctic cat engine, why would they call it a yamaha?! lol I think I might put some ford emblems on my chevy!

Senior Member Open Mod norwegian's Avatar

The solution to the stroke problem is to jump ships. I would, if I could afford.
    See the whole waterskipping at http://www.elgen.net/veivisr/srx-shooting2.wmv

Stating the obvious is not neccesary!

Can,t see a new two-stroke from yamaha for the sled line(Dispute the strong rumors).This article from a PWC site said a new four-stroke,super jet replacement is coming in 2020 https://watercraftjournal.com/viciou...s-near-future/

I'd love to see them at least make a two stroke for the mountain market. Here in the Pacific Northwest it is a pretty rare thing to see a Yamaha anymore. Even the folks that turbo them end up going to a two stroke due to the weight.
    While I don't see it ever happening, it sure would be nice to have a reliable option to go with. I can't believe that people are willing to pay $14k-$18k for a sled that needs a top end every 2k miles...if they're lucky and it makes it that long. Completely ridiculous that consumers are letting companies get away with the horrible quality that we see these days. Not only is the quality terrible, but consumers are performing the testing for them as well. Companies seem to think it's fine as long as they cover it with warranty, without any consideration of the inconvenience of not having a machine that can only be used 2-3 months out of the year in the shop for one month of that time.
    My 16 year old Viper has had exactly one part failure (stator, didn't strand me) in its lifetime so far. No, it won't go where the new ones will...but every single time I feel like riding, my sled is in 100% working order and able to be used.
    03 Mountain Viper, SLP Triples, SLP Flo-rites, gas rack, low profile blue windshield, NO underhood air going to the air box, (& no more powder bog)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast