Track for Venture

Millinocket Rocket

Just bought an 01 Venture in great shape but it definitely needs a track upgrade. Can anyone tell me which track will work on this sled, max lug height? I'm hoping to find something used, so will a 136" from another brand sled work as well? Thanks

The max is about 1.5" lug height. That's with no forward heat exchange protectors. I run 1.35 Cobra for the last 4 season on my 700 Venture witch is an excellent on /off trail track .
My brother ran a 1.25" ripsaw (first Gen) on his 600 venture. Great on trail track not so good off trail but you often find them used and for sale.

Shouldn't have problems finding a used 136" (2.52 pitch). They are very commun tracks and we're used on many, brands, makes and models.

Last edited:
put a 1-1/4" ripsaw on my dads 05 sx venture. we love it on that sled. as his gets used by guest riders that do not know warning sounds of eaten exchangers, i would only run a ice ripper or pre moulded stud track to prevent the loss of an engine from punctured cooler.

If you are not out to stomp the competition into oblivion, I strongly advice you not to pick. Get something that has built-ins and never worry about throwing a pick through the heat exchanger ever again. And then consequently burning it to the ground. After all ..... this is 2-up Venture.

Last edited:
i do not often drive my dads and unless you are going to drive it personally, i would use an ice attack or put in the i grip studs like mrsled did last season on his apex and sidewinder.

With my sons SX6 , the Cat quiet track was basically a Ripsaw Gen I 1.25". And we still needed to remove the front protectors.

I would rather not remove the heat exchanger protectors, so I'm pretty much looking at 1" tracks only? My old Viper was the same way.... Hacksaw might be the best option, but not many used ones are out there...

I have a (car)stud gun if you'd like to borrow it sometime. Car studs are what is installed in all pre-studded tracks. Looks for a used track that the car stud voids are molded in, but not installed.
IE --- Ice Attack is a prestudded Hacksaw.
------ Ice Ripper XT is a prestudded Ripsaw.
Either of those two non-studded versions that I underlined, is all ready to accept studs.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

Back