Vmax 600 le

Vmax600racer

Hi guys I have a 1994 vmax 600 le I have a few questions 1 is this sled reliable. Also how much horsepower does it have I put plastic skis on it to take a bit of the weight off what is the stock dry weight off this sled. Also have any of you guys ever put a gyt pipes or any other twin pipes and how did it work also my friend has a 2002 mxz 500 have any of you guys ever raced a mxz 500 with a vmax 600 and how did it turn out or what sled have you ever raced with it. And all in all is this a good sled thanks.

twins can be finicky to keep in tune with pipes.

if it has the traction with clean serviced clutches, i could see it giving that 500 a run for its money. i had a sx500r with the snow cross gearing that would keep the mxz 583 close. geared to trail gearing it was whoever got the jump/traction.

They are fine. A gas pig but reliable. How much snowmobile experience do you have?
well my brother a mechanic so we can do it I have been riding for 3-4 years also what is the stock weight for a 1994 vmax 600 and what’s the hp on these also have you ever raced against a mxz 500 or any other sleds like a indy 500 and what we’re the results I’m thinking of maybe getting a clutch kit to and if I did get gyt pipes what would the jetting be

The 94-96 Vmax platforms are not ones you'd want to cut your teeth one. Pipe wise that it.

Also I have a friend who is saying his brother indy 440 and Indy 500 will beat my vmax what do you guys think will my vmax 600 beat them also ho much ho is the vmax 600 and is the vmax 600 a good sled

The 94-96 Vmax platforms are not ones you'd want to cut your teeth one. Pipe wise that it.
Now having said that, there is a GYT single pipe that is roughly 35% larger than the stockers that came on the 94s & 95s. They offer more hp than a non GYT. They are not finicky one bit like the GYT twin pipes are. The 96 XTs came stock w/ the larger GYT single.
The GYT twins offer the most hp. There are other twin pipes that still have great gains but are not finicky. The long and short of it ..... the GYT twins are not for you.
The search bar is handy.

Last edited:
most ppl complain about the rear suspension on them as they where not long travel. if you are willing to put in the time and effort, you can retrofit another long travel suspension into the sled to improve the ride.

not knowing your riding style, i would wait until you have had your 1st ride on it before doing mods to it you might not like.

Back