2001 srx stator test

I believe if you become a VIP member you can have access to the manual. I just realized that when I lost my phone a pdf i downloaded for the srx 00-02 went with it, I was going to write it out for you but no luck, thx for the reminder tho, now to become a VIP myself lol

Quick question, when you start your sled do u need to have the high beam on or else it dies while on start up and only seems to kick out for a second only to spring back to life....That was my cause of poor stator even if the magento was spotless

Another thing I forgot to mention was to check for wire harness rub throughs, 1 under the engine, 1 going to headlights continue following harness that passes under engine and 1 more ontop of the gas tank behind steering column I believe, damn this forgetfulness bugs the shit outta me....only after my son was born... go figure

I SWAPPED THE STATOR AND COIL with a used one I had and it runs fine. The " BAD " stator was replaced a few years ago by the dealer and looks like it came out of the box new, I think it could be a bad pickup coil so I want to test the " BAD " stator and see if t is really bad. There are 3 leads on the stator and I know there is a resistance value when probes are put on each. just want to know the quick way to test it. Anyone?

TONY are you out there?

Srx stator test

Well as I went to test my SRX stator I discovered that one of the pickup coil wires was broken about halfway down in the protective sleeve. I guess that was the issue all along. I sent it home with a buddy of mine to repair and test.

Any thoughts on the repaired wire having a resistance value outside of spec?

Back