Yamaha Bravo LT Ski Spindle ?

Bravosaurus

I have a 1996 Bravo Long Track that I need a new Ski Spindle for. I bought an OEM one thinking almost all the parts are the same on Bravos from year to year except where obvious like the track and such. Well I was wrong as the OEM Ski Spindle is shorter by about 2 inches than what I need. Why the difference? Is the Long Track different or did they change them by year?
Where is a good place to source this ?
Thanks

If you look up the parts # for your Bravo long track spindle online then search buy part # and application it says that all Bravo long tracks 1987-2011 used the same spindles and were not used anywhere else. Both right and left spindles are still available from Yamaha and list for $63.64 each.

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003b8cef8700212fc83efcb/steering

opsled
I wish this were true opsled but I have one sitting here that is off the snowmobile that is approximately 2 inches longer than the OEM that won't fit as the gearing on the Ski Spindle won't stick far enough up and out to fit into the "arm outside" (88P-23851-00-00) part that has the female gearing on it. I wish you were correct but it is 2 inches longer and was 2 inches longer than the OEM and another one a guy had from an 80's Bravo. Maybe the spindles I have are from early 80's short track Bravo's ? Thanks for your input.

Just spitballing here ....... might the ones you removed, be from a previous mod done to that sled?
No not that I am aware of. I am not the original owner. The OEM one won’t fit high enough into the tub to work. I am starting to think that the early short tracks had a different spindle and that is what my “OEM “ part is. I just looked up the part numbers and the early bravos have a different part number than the newer long tracks. Hopefullly their is an experienced wrench out there that can confirm or deny my theory.

Are Bravo Short Track and Long Track Ski Spindles different?

Yes they are different according to the part #'s. That was what I was trying to get across to you. It shows all Bravo long tracks 1987 and up had the same spindle and they ARE still available. Short tracks have a different # and it shows they are NOT available.

opsled

Yes they are different according to the part #'s. That was what I was trying to get across to you. It shows all Bravo long tracks 1987 and up had the same spindle and they ARE still available. Short tracks have a different # and it shows they are NOT available.

opsled

Thanks👍. Sorry about my slowness but that is what happens when you ride a Bravo-you are always behind everyone else. I assumed wrongly almost all but the obvious parts were interchangeable. Thank you for your help👍

You might have to ask about 6 guys before one comes through, but there should be plenty of Bravo parts out there. Heck, I robbed some parts off an 82 shorty that a buddy had in a dumpster. There would have been your spindles, easy peasy. Keep hunting.

Back