Bearing specs

jjmoneysauce

I found a deeper lug (1" off an Apex) track for my 86 340T. While I have the skid off, I want to redo the drive axle and chaincase bearings, and likely the skid too.

My question is, there are a whole bunch of 93306-00444-00 bearings listed in the parts diagrams, there is one on the speedo side bearing housing, and 6 or so on the track. The Yamaha price for this bearing is absurd, something like 25 Canuck bucks each. Seeing as they are a 20 x 42 x 12 bearing, is it cool/normal to just get an aftermarket equivalent? I recall one guy in a thread saying he just gets them by the sleeve. Makes sense if one can find equal or better quality.

Anyone have any advice on getting good bearings for this application? I have access to some good discounts at industrial places.

i used 6004 bearings from royal distributing bought in the 10 pack when i did my 1990 et400 t/r last year. i keep at least 10 in stock for when i repair the other 8-10 sleds in the family fleet that i do during hours that its is hard to get parts.

Oh, speaking of 400 T/R, do you think that the bush bar from a Bravo would fit on an ET? I like the wraparound bar, and I have 3 85-86 machines I would add it to, but the ones specific to the 400T chassis don't seem to be very available.

i have not looked at a bravo trapper in a long time, so i will conditionally say yes. might have to a a peice in the middle on the front to get it out wide enough but it can be made to work.

I usually repack the 6004 bearings on the suspension on the older sleds. Most of the time the old grease has just gone hard. If they are rusted, have damaged seals or really rough after being cleaned I replace them. Never had a problem with the repacked bearings. Just did a complete Phazer skid tonight.

Maybe just a word of warning. On two different projects over the last 2 years, I just went to local auto parts place and ordered bearings One was a complete set for a rear end on a Motorhome, the other simple bearings for the deck on a riding mower Both have failed in 2 years, I'm now hearing from lots of people that theres a ton of cheap China bearings around and apparently thats often what you get
Be carefull what you buy

Back