Phazer Tough to Steer

jmakelim

Hi,

New to the forum today, so hoping to gain some input. I bought a new out of the box 2016 Phazer last year for my 17 year old son and the steering was very hard to turn. We adjusted the suspension to take some pressure off the ski's, but it's still very hard to turn and I'm a 230 lb guy. I have Woody's 8" carbides on the ski's (Part # 4612-0251). My son weighs about 140 lbs. We owned Phazer's and Exciter's back in the 80's/90's and they were very easy to turn. Any suggestions on the proper setup or how to tune would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Much!

I would recommend Registering and asking this question on the 4 stroke Side of the forum.

x2 on going to ty4stoke.com.

you can start by slacking off the front springs until the lower a arms are almost parallel to the ground. then slack the front skid shock spring until it is stiff to turn the spring with both hands. then set the rear torsion springs to soft and adjust the clicker on the rear shock to soft (if it has one). this is how my 09 rtx/x is set and it rides pretty well and steers easy for me.

Back