Anybody tried a 128" skid in a stock SRX tunnel?

EVOVII_SWE

Thinking about a mono shock conversion and found a mint condition 128" skid from an APEX SE with the Fox Air shock here locally.

How would a 128" fit in the stock SRX tunnel? It's not that much longer, 3,5" or just under 9cm. I have the SRX in storage and it's a bit of a project to get to it to do a measurement.

Very nice build ;)!

Would you say that an extension is a must or would a 128 squeeze in there without it? I would really like to keep the stock appearance of my SRX. Obviously I could go for a 121 and install a Fox shock but I have that 128 available in very nice condition at a decent price.

Did you use those mounting plates that are available from Barn Of Parts?

Very nice build ;)!

Would you say that an extension is a must or would a 128 squeeze in there without it? I would really like to keep the stock appearance of my SRX. Obviously I could go for a 121 and install a Fox shock but I have that 128 available in very nice condition at a decent price.

Did you use those mounting plates that are available from Barn Of Parts?

I made my own mounting and did not user BOP stuff. You might be able to get it in there without an extension but the problem is the rear exchanger is right there on an SRX and a hard tail landing could rip it out.

I made my own mounting and did not user BOP stuff. You might be able to get it in there without an extension but the problem is the rear exchanger is right there on an SRX and a hard tail landing could rip it out.

Thanks, I'll try to find a nice 121" instead then and then maybe a Fox shock to fit in it.

Thomas if you decide to do the mono skid I will drive out to Pennsylvania and then send the brackets to you in Sweden

Thomas if you decide to do the mono skid I will drive out to Pennsylvania and then send the brackets to you in Sweden

Thanks, that's very kind of you :) But I think they do ship overseas so I should be OK. Also I'm planning this to next season since it's a bit late to start now.

Back