1991 phazer 2 st track tension

AKsnow

hello i am in a bit of a jam over my 1991 phazer 2 st it is running a 36 inch track on a skid off a different snowmobile that looks about the same size but has smoother suspension i bought it like this because the guy modded it and broke the drive shaft from track tension being to high i can not get her to fit back together after i took it apart to replace the driveshaft i put some no slip cogs on but they were actually a bit smaller then the original ones right now i am looking at trying to move the skid forward or get a bigger track please answer soon we finally have some snow up here.

136" track right?

if your new drivers are smaller, odds are it will run a bit loose once you get the suspension in it. try removing the rear axle and wheels to get the skid in. i have a 340 polaris sprint in my garage with a phazer II rear suspension in it and that is how i have to put the skid in and out on it.

yes it is a 136 inch track i got the suspension in it but the track tension was so high that the drive shaft will not get into the proper location so i can bolt the chaincase and the spedometer bracket into the frame

Back