02 viper blown middle cylinder/ redoing everything!!!!

ok so I received my rebuild crankshaft and installed it with new oil seal and put back together upper and lower crankcase.

new crankshaft.jpg

but got a question about the below diagram.... it shows to put engine oil, but what quantity?

part diagram.jpg

update:

pistons, power valves and cylinders all clean!

crankshaft installed
crankcase sealed
new cylinder gasket installed with permatex red spray gasket
pistons installed with new bearings and c-clip
cylinders bolted back on
all lubed with assembly lube

Now waiting for that opticool head gasket and read/do my homework about the power valve...

dirty power valve.jpg

clean misc parts.jpg

cylinder gasket.jpg

rebuild engine.jpg

hahah sorry I had not been here for a wild... YES UPDATE ;)

crank rebuilt
new rings on all pistons+clips+bearings
new carbon tech petals on all
new carb kit rebuild on all
new gas filter
water pump rebuilt
new gas pump

had lots of problem to start from dry carb/fuel but found a thread on here about same issue and did what it said and finally got it to run!!! LOTS of smoke :2strokes:

SMOKE.jpg

But seem to still have minor issues....

TACHE GRISE.jpg

when trying to initial start I was putting a bit of mixed gas in all 3 pistons, would star and stop.... I had to repeat the process 5 or 6 times before it would begin to start on only 1 crank pull, but in the process of removing the the plugs and putting them back I noticed a weird color in the middle and clutch side plug ( grey stuff in the picture) Any idea what can cause that?

Also some kind of irregularity in idle.... see video. An odd puff coming for the muffler few time. well you tube wont let me upload at the moment :o|

smoke come out normally and every 10/20 seconds it seems like just a puff of air gets out.... like if no oil had been burnt for 1 stroke....

I also have an error message blinking Item;
-Y.P.V.S. Condition - Disconnected Short-circuit Locked This I guess I can resolved with the manual and some thread search here.

And one last problem I think I have a small crack in the header, middle part, I can see some tiny puff of smoke come out and seem to be a bit of oil spitting as well....

Last edited:
ok so after talking with other guys, the huge constant white smoke would be from coolant entering the combustion chamber....:o|

learning my first build the hard way:o|

can a opticool gasket be placed up side down (wrong side up or down) not sure how to word that..... cause a leak of coolant?

I do I have to reopen the entire motor to make sure it did not went into the base......

UPDATE.

Coolant reservoir emptied it self. I assume the base is probably full. back to square 1. Remove engine/open/clean.... and try to figure what is leaking...

Back